How do I apply as an Adult RYLA 5495 Volunteer?
There are no formal requirements to be an Adult Volunteer. Priority is given to adults who are Rotary members, however that is not mandatory. Applications will be open April 1, 2020 until positions are filled.
- Check your personal calendar to insure you will be available to participate in all activities
- Enter all the relevant RYLA dates on your personal calendar. If you are not sure you can commit to the times required, please notify the chairperson, registrar, or programs coordinator ASAP.
- Complete the online Adult application AND the Health Form. Submitting your completed application and health form online will constitute your signature for these forms. You are not required to submit 'hard copies'.
Please make sure to attach a current JPG picture of yourself where indicated (Do not use pictures of you with your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers etc… ) and label with your name.
You will receive an email a week or so after you complete your online application from the District 5495 Youth Protection Officer with directions on how to complete mandatory background check information. You do not need to complete background check information UNTIL you hear from the Protection Officer, Stan Mah.
- You should receive an email for your records with a copy of both forms.
- You will be contacted by the Programs Coordinator to inform you of what volunteer position you have been selected for, and to confirm your availability. We try to make this contact as soon as possible; however there are times where positions cannot be filled until relatively close to the RYLA weekend.
- Attend RYLA and have the time of your life!