How do I apply as a RYLA 5495 Junior Counselor (JC)?
If you have attended RYLA 5495 Pinerock or Ponderosa as a student Delegate, you may apply for the District 5495 Wamatochick RYLA Program as a JC. Applications are open April 1 - April 30 2020. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE CLOSING. To apply, please do the following:
- You MUST apply online. Go to the Junior Counselor application link on the RYLA Wamatochick 5495 website. You must complete bothTHE JUNIOR COUNSELOR APPLICATION and THE HEALTH FORM. Make sure to attach a current JPG picture where indicated, labeled with YOUR name. Please submit a picture only of yourself…. Not a picture of you with your friends, neighbors, etc.
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU COPY/SAVE YOUR ESSAY ANSWER TO A WORD DOC.
- You should receive an email copy of both your completed ONLINE portion of the application and health form. PLEASE save this for possible future reference.
- If you will be 18 or older at the time of RYLA, you will receive an email from the District 5495 Youth Protection Officer, Stan Mah, on how to complete information for a mandatory background check. You do NOT need to proceed with the background check information until you receive the notification email.
- If you have been selected for an interview, You will be contacted in May by a member of the JC interview committee to schedule your interview time. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ROUTINELY AND REPLY IN A TIMELY MANNER. If you do not respond to email requests, we will assume you are no longer interested in being considered for a JC position.
- Following your interview, applicants selected to attend RYLA 5495 Wamatochick as a Junior Counselor, and those selected as alternates, will be notified in writing of their status, via email.
- If selected to attend RYLA, your commitment for the entire four day event is mandatory. You will be responsible for your own transportation.
- IMPORTANT: Your application is NOT complete until BOTH the online portions no later than 9 pm, April 30, 2020. .