Covid Requirements - All attendees, 18 and over, must be fully vaccinated by first day of camp. NO EXCEPTIONS. You must show proof of vaccination on application form. All others, under 18, must show proof of vaccination on health form, or provide proof of negative Covid test within 72 hours before camp. This also includes admit to bus transportation.
June 15-18, 2022
How do I apply as a JR RYLA 5495 Junior Counselor (JC)?
All JC APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A COMPLETED COVID-19 VACCINATION. IF JC APPLICANT IS UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A COMPLETED COVID-19 VACCINATION OR A NEGATIVE COVID TEST NO MORE THAN 72 HOURS PRIOR CAMP.
PLEASE NOTE: RYLA 5495 Wamatochick will take place Summer of 2022 (June 15-18, 2022)
If you have attended RYLA 5495 Pinerock, Ponderosa, or RYLA online as a student Delegate,OR you are actively involved in your High School Interact Club, you may apply for the District 5495 Wamatochick JR RYLA Program as a JC. To apply, please do the following:
- You MUST apply online. Go to the Junior Counselor application link on the Wamatochick 5495 website. You must complete bothTHE JUNIOR COUNSELOR APPLICATION and THE HEALTH FORM. Make sure to attach a current JPG picture where indicated, labeled with YOUR name. Please submit a picture only of yourself…. Not a picture of you with your friends, neighbors, etc.
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU COPY/SAVE YOUR ESSAY ANSWER TO A WORD DOC.
- You should receive an email copy of both your completed ONLINE portion of the application and health form. PLEASE save this for possible future reference.
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Part of the requirement of a JC application will be the submission of a 2-3 minute video. Once your online application has been submitted, you will receive an email from the JC Coordinator, Asa Marette with further instructions. PLEASE check your email routinely.
- If you will be 18 or older at the time of RYLA, you will receive an email from the District 5495 Youth Protection Officer, Stan Mah, on how to complete information for a mandatory background check. You do NOT need to proceed with the background check information until you receive the notification email.
- If you have been selected for an interview, You will be contacted in May by a member of the JC interview committee to schedule your interview time. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ROUTINELY AND REPLY IN A TIMELY MANNER. If you do not respond to email requests, we will assume you are no longer interested in being considered for a JC position.
- Following your interview, applicants selected to attend JR RYLA 5495 Wamatochick as a Junior Counselor, and those selected as alternates, will be notified in writing of their status, via email.
- If selected to attend JR RYLA, your commitment for the entire four day event is mandatory. You will be responsible for your own transportation.
- IMPORTANT: Your application is NOT complete until BOTH the online portions no later than midnight, May 1, 2022. .